Areas of Practice Include
but not limited to:
About Richard Muir
Richard Muir has been serving the San Diego North County area for the last 40 years. He has practiced law in the Vista courts for over 35 years, and offers an abundance of experience in protecting your rights and bringing your case to a favorable conclusion.
- Personal Profile:
- Graduated from Brown University in 1963
- Served as a Lieutenant in United States Navy 1963-1965
- Received law degree from Hastings College of Law in 1969
- Admitted to Bar 1970
- Served as a Deputy City Attorney in the criminal division of San Diego City Attorney’s Office from 1970-1971
- Served as a staff attorney in Defender’s, Inc. from 1971-1974 trying major felonies
- In private practice from 1974 to present, handling exclusively criminal cases
- Married with two grown children, three grandchildren
- Have lived and practiced law in the North County of San Diego for the past thirty-five years.
- Professional Profile:
- Past president, North County Bar Assoc.
- Past vice president, San Diego County Bar Assoc.
- Past president, Criminal Defense Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Master, American Inns of Court
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Criminal Procedure, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America publication, criminal defense, Vista, all ten editions
- Listed in San Diego Magazine’s most recent “Best Lawyers” editions, criminal defense
- Level of experience:
- Have handled over 150 criminal trials, including 13 murder cases
- Rated class VI (qualified to try capital cases)
I do not charge for initial consultations and my reasonable fees are determined by the seriousness of the charges. Selecting the right attorney is a very important decision that can significantly affect your future. Do not take this decision lightly. I can help you, as I have done for hundreds of clients in the past.
The information contained herein is not intended to be advice concerning your individual situation, but rather is general in nature. Please rely upon your own attorney's advice regarding your specific case.
© 2015 Attorney Richard Muir
630 Alta Vista Drive, Suite 205, Vista CA 92084
Site design by Advantage